If you have fair skin then you know how important it is to be careful when you want to get a good tan. Getting the best tanning lotion for fair skin will help avoid your skin getting orange instead of that beautiful natural gold.
When you go online to look for information concerning tanning lotions for fair skin, you will get lots of confusing information because while some use the words suntan for pale skin, others use fair skin. When people use the term ‘suntan lotion’ what they really mean is indoor tanning. Indoor and outdoor tanning lotions are mostly similar but they only differ because they have a lower sun protection factor (SPF).
For you to properly protect your skin there are a few points you need to take into account.
Ingredients of the lotion. There are many ingredients that are found in tanning lotions that can help your skin while you tan. So, you want a tanning lotion that has a huge concentration of vitamins especially vitamins B complex, C, and E. It should also contain moisturizing and cooling ingredients like cucumber, aloe vera, green tea extract, coconut oil or olive, sunflower, or safflower oils.
SPF strength. Most tanning lotions don’t contain SPF or sun protection factor which means the lotion doesn’t contain sunscreen. If you have fair skin it’s important to buy products that have sunscreen or one that has an SPF number that is higher. Alternatively, you can apply sunscreen before you apply your tanning lotion to protect your skin from UV light.
Enhancers. Some of the common enhancing ingredients found in most tanning lotions used on fair skin include silicone, tyrosine, caffeine, and unipertan.
How do you tan fair skin?
- There are many people who are fair-skinned and those who are prone to sunburn. If you fall in these two categories, indoor tanning provides the best environment to get a healthy and golden glow tan using the best tanning bed lotion for fair skin and without a reddish skin. But before you go to out to the pool or beach, it’s advisable that you apply some indoor tanning lotion.
- If you have sensitive skin, get an indoor tanning lotion for that particular skin type because it will be formulated to moisturize your skin so that you can get the healthiest tan possible. The tanning lotion will mostly contain natural ingredients like seed oil, plant extracts, and seed butter to keep your skin well hydrated.
- When your skin stays well hydrated it helps the colour of your tan to last for longer and is both beneficial to sensitive and dry skin because it prepares your skin before a tanning session. Sensitive skin tanning lotions don’t contain parabens, nuts, or gluten so make sure to read the ingredients in the tanning lotion you want to buy.
- Your body needs all the necessary nutrients to keep it healthy and taking fruits rich in carotenoids and keeping your skin hydrated is a good place to start. Foods like carrots, sweet potatoes, apricot, tomatoes, and cantaloupes all contain good amounts of beta-carotene that your skin needs.
- It’s also important to take foods and drinks that are rich in antioxidants like lemon, spinach, green tea, kale, broccoli, etc. to help your body fight free radical damage caused by exposure to UV radiation.
Most experts recommend that people with light skin should use tanning lotions with intensifiers.
Intensifiers in tanning lotions
Tanning lotions that contain intensifier are mostly known as ‘beginner’ indoor tanning lotion because the intensifier formula helps your skin start to tan but doesn’t use bronzers. There are some intensifier tanning lotions that are pure white lotions that don’t contain tanning enhancers. You can easily apply them and come with a deeply hydrating formula.
What does a tan maximizer lotion do?
Maximizer lotions are used after a tan to improve the tanning effects. They contain extra ingredients that help to give you a deeper dark tan. Tan accelerators for fair skin are tanning lotions that contain bronzers, maximizers, and intensifiers. These tanning lotions are among the best for fair skin with freckles and formulated to continue deepening your tan even after the tanning process is over.
Reviewing The Best indoor tanning lotion for fair skin
[table id=6 /]
Millennium Tanning Products: Solid Black Dark Tanning Lotion, 100x, 13.5 fl. oz. (400ml)
- Ultra Advanced 100X Silicone Bronzer ;
- Auto-Darkening Tan Technology ;
- Product Action: Tan Enhancer, Silicone Bronzer ;
Solid black bronzer is a great tanning lotion that has a silicone base. This gives the product a great consistency as you can easily and evenly spread it on your skin without finding any lumps or thickness. The lotion is formulated with natural ingredients like pecan seed oil, banana extract, walnut seed oil, and other herbal ingredients that help to keep your skin well moisturized and improve the golden colour of your tan.
This tanning bed lotion gets quickly absorbed into your skin to give you an evenly tanned skin and it doesn’t run so you don’t need to worry about staining your clothes. This Solid black bronzer has a sweet orchid blush scent that will catch the attention of the people around you and leave your skin smelling nice for a long time.
- The lotion is formulated with natural ingredients that are healthy for your skin.
- It has a smooth consistency that is non-greasy.
- The orchid blush scent is mild and pleasant.
- It’s easy to spread the lotion and it doesn’t stain your clothes or hands.
- It’s a non-tingling lotion which means it takes longer to give results.
2) Coconut Kisses Golden Tanning Lotion by Ed Hardy, 13.5 oz
- Ultra-Darkening Skin Hydrating Intensifier: Contains coconut milk, coconut oil, and cocoa butter to...
- Tattoo Fade Protecting Formula: Helps prolong the life and radiance of your tattoos and tanning...
- Quad Tyrosine Blend & Melano Bronze: Stimulates and increases melanin formation to accelerate the...
Coconut kisses golden tanning lotion contains no bronzing agents which makes it a great tanning lotion for people with fair skin, but it still contains ingredients that increase the production of melanin. It has a great tanning effect that gives you a stunning golden tan but also keeps your skin hydrated the whole day so that you don’t suffer from burns and skin breakage.
The coconut oils and the milk is a unique addition to the tanning lotion that separates it from the competition. Coconut oil hydrates your skin deeply keeping your skin smooth and your tan can last for longer. This lotion also helps to reduce the appearance of cellulite and increase your skin’s firmness.
- The tanning lotion keeps your skin well hydrated.
- The tanning effect gives you a golden tan.
- It has a great scent that lingers long after the tanning process.
- It contains no bronzing agents.
3) Australian Gold, CHEEKY BROWN Accelerator Dark Natural Bronzers, Tanning Bed Lotion 8.5 oz
- The No. 1 dark tanning lotion Now with Bronzer!
- Native Australian oils, Vitamins A and E create a skin-hydrating formula for a maximum tanning...
- For Indoor and Outdoor Use
Cheeky brown is a dark natural accelerator and bronzer that you can use both indoors and outdoors. It is formulated with Australian oils and vitamins A and E to keep your skin nourished and hydrated. So you don’t have to worry about getting sunburned when you’re outdoors, this tanning lotion will keep your skin moisturized the whole day.
It’s made with natural ingredients that easily absorb into your skin which makes the tanning process more effective and you don’t feel sticky or get an irritating feeling. You don’t have to worry about the smell because this lotion has a nice fragrance, unlike other tanning lotions that leave you with an unpleasant smell after a tanning session.
- It’s a great indoor and outdoor tanning lotion.
- Absorbs quickly into your skin.
- Has a nice sweet smell.
- It contains vitamin A and E that nourishes and moisturizes your skin.
- Contains alcohol that can leave your skin dry.
- You have to keep applying the lotion after a few days to prevent the tan from fading.
4) Australian Gold Jwoww Black Bronzer Dark Tanning Lotion, 13.5 Ounce
- Jwoww Black Bronzer Indoor Tanning Bed Lotion
- 13.5 ounce bottle
- Black Currant Oil, sunflower oil, and Kukui Nut Oil
Jwoww black bronzer is an indoor tanning bed lotion that is formulated with herbs that tans, nourishes, and gives you a natural glow while smelling good in the process. It contains sunflower oil, vitamins, water, glycerin, Kukui oil, and all these ingredients give the tanning lotion a smooth texture and help to deeply nourish your skin.
The Hemp seed and currant oil help to increase melanin production to give you a dark tan so you don’t have to sit under the sun for too long. To keep your skin soft and hydrated, the vitamins and necessary oils will soften your skin while tanning. An added benefit is the berry fragrance that appeals to many people.
- This tanning lotion has a creamy texture that easily absorbs into your skin.
- The vitamins and herbs will keep your skin moisturized.
- It’s a great foundation for your makeup.
- The fruity smell lingers on even after tanning.
- You can’t use it as a sunscreen lotion.
5) Designer Skin Luminary Bronzer, 13.5-Ounces
No products found.
Luminary bronzer is an indoor bed tanning lotion that you can also use on outdoor tanning beds. It comes in a silver catchy bottle that has an LED logo that glows when you touch it. The LED complex is an added bonus that captures the glow on your skin and tans it to perfection. This lotion has a thick consistency but unlike other thick lotions that take long to spread and absorb into your skin, this lotion has a smooth texture that you can evenly spread on your skin. It’s not oily and doesn’t stick on your clothes.
It contains solar silicone that tans your skin quickly so you don’t have to use a tanning bed. You can also use it as a sunless tanning lotion because you don’t need to go to the sun. It also contains soft Celestial stardust that gives your skin a shimmer to give your skin a golden glow. It has a Champagne flavoured scent that lingers on your skin hours after using the lotion.
- The Stardust works quickly to give you a lasting golden glow.
- Great consistency and doesn’t stick to your clothes.
- It dries quickly and you don’t need to use a tanning bed or go to the sun.
- It has great packaging especially the glowing LED logo.
- It contains low UV factor.
- The smell can be overwhelming for sensitive people.
Designer Skin BombShell, 100XXBronzer, 13.5-Ounce Bottle
- Enriched with White Tea Extract, Soy and CoQ-10, this “Ultra-extreme” sizzle formula yields...
- Bask in the sensuous pleasure of this radiant bronzer blend while its exhilarating fragrance...
- Fragrance: Kiwi Watermelon
First off this designer skin bombshell bronzer is packaged in a very impressive retro-style bottle. It has a medium consistency that is not too watery or greasy and a creamy texture that you can easily spread on your skin without feeling greasy. It’s a tingling lotion so it starts working the minute you apply it on your skin.
It contains soy, white tea, and CoQ-10 that form an ultra-sizzle formula that gives you incredible tanning results. It also contains antioxidants that revitalize your skin and a great kiwi watermelon scent that stays on even after tanning.
- The sweet scent lingers on even after tanning.
- The tingle factor gives you a dark tan quickly.
- Has a great consistency that is silky smooth.
- The natural ingredients keep your skin soft and looking great.
- It’s a bit expensive.
- It’s not a product for beginners.
And the winner is Solid Black Dark Tanning Lotion because it contains natural ingredients that hydrate your skin that quickly absorbs into your skin for an even tanned skin and leaves your skin smelling great. Choosing the right tanning lotion for fair skin can be difficult especially with all the tanning lotions in the market today. People with fair skin should get products that protect their skin from the sun’s rays, so getting a product with sunscreen will be a great plus. The best indoor tanning lotion for sensitive skin should contain natural ingredients that help keep your skin hydrated.