Do you love having tattoos drawn on your body? Then you need the best indoor tanning lotion for tattoos to provide proper protection and prevent it from fading.
You will find many people today having one tattoo or more on different parts of their body. Tattoos naturally fade over time but exposure to the sun’s UV light will only accelerate the process. So if you have a tattoo and you want to tan, you can either cover up your tattoo completely or apply a good sunblock before tanning. Some people might question whether tanning lotion is effective, but the truth is it depends on a person’s unique body chemistry.
The aim of tanning lotions is to enhance the UV rays when you’re tanning and enable your skin to absorb the tanning pigment. L-Tyrosine is an amino acid which is one of the amino active ingredients in tanning lotions which helps to stimulate melanin production. Other active ingredients include a blend of vitamins, natural oils, and minerals. Moisturizing ingredients are important because they help to keep your skin hydrated to prevent your skin from peeling which gives you uneven skin tone and shorten how long the tan lasts.
List of The Best Tanning Lotion for Tattoos
[table id=7 /]
1) Australian Gold JWOWW Natural Black Bronzer with Ink-Drink Complex
- Natural Black Bronzer: A perfecting dark combination of bronzers that provide instant, dark color
- Kendi Oil: Natural Extract that softens and radiates skin without leaving a greasy after-feel
- Ink-DrinkTM Complex: Shea Butter, rich in Vitamin A and E, combine with Beeswax and Raspberry to...
Jwoww natural black bronzer is made of a yogurt base that has been infused with black currant oil and pear extract. This gives your skin a softer appearance and a smoother feel. Just like the name states, this lotion is a natural bronzer which is a combination of bronzers to give you instant dark colour.
It contains Kendi oil, a natural extract that nourishes your skin leaving it soft, glowing, and radiant without any greasy feel. The ink-drink complex comprises of vitamin A and E, beeswax, raspberry, and Shea butter to restore, rejuvenate, and moisturize your tattoos. It has a sweet smelling fragrance that is refreshing.
- The tanning lotion has a sweet smell and great texture.
- Leaves your tattoos looking bright and beautiful.
- Great indoor tanning lotion and the ink drink is a great bonus.
- The tanning process is slower than normal.
- Be careful about fake products.
2) Ed Hardy Black Elixir Silicone Tattoo Fade-Protection Tanning Lotion,
- Silicone bronzing formula
- Indoor tanning
- Mixed that up with firming and anti-aging ingredients
The Black Elixir is a product of Ed Hardy’s tanning line that contains an extreme bronzing blend and anti-aging properties. This tanning lotion has a tattoo fade protection formula that is designed to prevent your tattoo from fading. Apart from a silicone tanning formula it also contains skin-firming and anti-aging elements. Nouritan, Melano bronzer, and BodyFit formula are all ingredients that help to increase melanin production and skin pigmentation.
To help your tattoo from fading and your skin from sagging, the BodyFit formula has skin-firming and tightening ingredients to reduce cellulite. The lotion has a 20X bronze effect and because it has no tingling or stinging effect, it’s very effective. You can use it on your face or sensitive skin and it doesn’t contain DHA or THC.
- It’s safe to use on your face or sensitive skin.
- The bronzing is super effective.
- Protects your tattoos and give you a beautiful deep tan.
- Leaves your skin feeling soft and smelling great.
- Doesn’t streak or leave an orange colour.
- Not suitable for beginners.
- Gives you a darker colour than expected.
3) Devoted Creations TANLIFE Hydrating Tanning Butter
- 1.Super soft tanning butter build and maintain skin's natural glow.
- 2.Sensitive Skin Shea Butter Formula.
- 3.Provides anti-aging and skin firming benefits with RevitaFit, Body Fit and Advanced Matrixyl...
Tanlife is an excellent tanning lotion for sensitive or dry skin. It’s a super soft, thick, and hydrating tanning butter that contains Shea butter which deeply moisturizes your skin leaving it with a silky feel. It has a blend of multiple accelerators that boost melanin production for fast and dark tanning results.
It contains BodyFit, RevitaFit, advanced Matrixyl Synthe 6, and AcquaCell that provide skin-firming and anti-aging properties. These ingredients reduce wrinkles and fine lines. The 5X antioxidant blend of grapefruit, lychee, acai berry, orange, and pomegranate help to fight damage by free radicals. This lotion has an exotic mango smell so you don’t have to worry about having a nasty smell after you tan. The tattoo and colour fade protectors will prevent your ink from fading so you’re covered all around.
- The lotion has a great smell.
- It doesn’t stain your hand or your clothes.
- It has a natural and long-lasting colour.
- Not good for sensitive skin.
- It contains no bronzer.
4) Supre Snooki Hot Skinny Sizzling Super Dark Maximizer,
- Get the skinny on how to look hot with snooki's sizzling super dark maximizer, designed for serious...
- Combined with fit and firm complex for a more tone and tightened appearance and tattoo color-shield...
- Tattoo color shield
Supre Snooki is one of the products in the Supre tanning line. This tingler has a dark tanning formula that promises an immediate rush of heat to deliver a beautiful golden tan. Its active ingredients are seed oil, glycerin, and water.
It has a tattoo colour shield that contains aloe, essential minerals, and algae that helps to maintain the vibrancy and colour of your tattoos. The fit and firm complex reduces the appearance of cellulite at the same time leaving your skin soft and smooth.
- The firming ingredient is very effective.
- Best tingle lotion for serious tanners.
- Great product at a reasonable price.
- Provides great results when using a tanning bed.
- Not suitable for sensitive skin.
- Doesn’t have a great smell.
5) Ink By Ed Hardy Tattoo & Color Fade Moisturizer Tan Extender
- 1.Shea Butters - Softens skin without greasy residue. Body Fit – Reduces the appearance of...
- 2.Lotus Extract - Powerful anti-aging benefits along with high levels of antioxidants.
- 3.Hypoallergenic - Oil free and wheat free product.
Ink is a body moisturizing system that contains vitamins, Shea butter, and essential skin nutrients. This body cream is specifically formulated to leave your skin deeply hydrated and feeling soft and smooth. It has a rich, whipped texture which makes it easy to apply and absorb without your skin feeling greasy after applying.
The tattoo and colour fade protection protects your tanning results and prevents your ink from fading. It contains BodyFit which keeps your skin firm and reduces the appearance of cellulite while vitamin C and E helps fight free radical damage to boost your skin’s radiance and appearance. Lotus extract has both powerful antioxidant and anti-aging properties.
- It’s not sticky and leaves your skin feeling soft.
- The lotion has a great smell.
- It absorbs into the skin easily.
- Leaves your skin well hydrated.
- It’s a bit expensive.
6) Coconut Kisses Golden Skin Softening Indoor UV Bed Tanning Lotion
- Ed Hardy Coconut Kisses Tanning Lotion
- Quantity of (2) 13.5 ounce bottles
- Intended for use with indoor UV tanning beds Light coconut fragrance
The Coconut kisses golden tanning lotion by Ed Hardy is an excellent tanning lotion you can use with indoor tanning beds. It’s a popular tanning lotion that is dependable for tattoos. This is a tanning enhancer that gives you a golden colour without using the bronzing agents.
The best part is it contains traces of coconut oil and the formula also contains coconut milk and cocoa butter which softens and deeply hydrates your skin. The lotion contains a melanin synthesizer, Melactiva which helps to produce darker and long-lasting results. It also keeps your skin soft, healthy, and glowing. Its main function is to accelerate the production of melanin in your body.
A combination of the Quad Tyrosine blend and Melanobronze helps to stimulate and increase the production of melanin which quickens the tanning process. It also helps to firm and reduce the appearance of cellulite. The tattoo and colour fade protection will preserve the ink colour and prolong the life of your tattoo.
- The lotion has an awesome smell.
- It keeps your skin moist and feeling soft.
- It contains all natural ingredients.
- Gives you a great colour on the tanning bed.
- It doesn’t contain any bronze ingredients.
7) Maui Babe Browning Lotion 8 Ounces
- SIZE: Easy-open 8 ounce bottle
- DESCRIPTION: All natural browning lotion made from a secret Hawaiian formula
- USES: Yields a beautiful natural tan by accelerating the sun triggered tanning process
Mauri babe has an extra special ingredient, the Hawaiian formula that contains Kukui nut oil, vitamins, and Kona coffee extract. This tanning lotion is unique because of the unique ingredients in its formula and because it rejuvenates your skin from within.
The Kona coffee extracts contain caffeine that increases your blood flow which enhances skin pigmentation and boosts melanin production. Increased blood flow also keeps your skin looking shiny and soft. The Kukui nut oil and vitamins prevent the ink in your tattoo from fading and also tightens the skin around your tattoo to reduce signs of aging.
- Gives you a beautiful dark tan.
- It works well with sunscreen.
- Eaves your skin soft and moist.
- It has a smooth consistency like butter.
- It discolours fabrics leaving a yellowish-brown colour.
- You must use SPF with this lotion to prevent sunburns when you’re outdoor tanning.
8) Supre TATTOO DARK XXX Black Bronzer
Supre tattoo dark XXX black bronzer is a product in the Supre tanning line that provides more protection for your tattoo. This tanning lotion is a bronzer that is formulated with olive oil, sunflower oil, and cocoa butter that helps to nourish and rejuvenate your skin. The tattoo fade colour protection contains aloe and algae to help maintain the colour of the tattoo. The downside to this lotion is that it has a watery feel that can run or stain.
- The lotion has a great scent.
- It leaves your skin feeling soft.
- Protects your tattoo well and keeps the colour vibrant.
- It’s a bit watery.
- Stains your clothes and skin.
Before you buy any tanning lotion for tattoos it’s important to consider some of these points.
Personal factors to consider When buying tanning lotion for tattoos
Your skin and that of every other person is unique and so is the body chemistry and personal preferences. There are 3 main varieties of tanning agents which include bronzers, accelerators, and tinglers.
Tanning bronzers are colourless natural pigments which contain DHA, a simple chemical material that colours dying dead skin cells. Its intention is to give you a deeper skin tan more quickly giving your skin a shiny bronze look. It stays on your skin layer for longer and is good for fair-skinned people, however, the downside is that it can turn your skin orange or run.
Accelerators are natural tanning agents whose main focus is to hydrate your skin to give you smooth skin. They don’t give you orange skin but a brownish look. They can be used by people with fair or sensitive skin.
Tinglers use micro-circulation to stimulate your skin with the aim of increasing the absorption of the tanning pigment while at the same time firming and smoothening your skin. Some people might experience an unpleasant sensation using it.
Some tanning lotions contain a Sun Protection Factor (SPF) but most don’t because it affects the bed’s acrylic surface.
Essential tips to consider
- Depending on your skin condition, you need to consider:
- Check the ingredients in the product. It should contain essential natural ingredients like minerals, coconut oils, almonds, etc.
- The lotion shouldn’t contain any toxic chemicals because your skin is a very sensitive part of your body.
- Check for the durability of the product. You don’t want to waste your money on a product that doesn’t provide long-lasting service.
- Consider the color and design of the tanning lotion. It should have an appealing colour that will have a good reflection on your body and intensify your beauty.
- Don’t compromise on the quality of the product, but try to find a consistent product that isn’t very costly.
And who is the winner?
Your skin needs tanning lotion for your skin’s protection and help to maintain its beauty. Australian Gold JWOWW Natural Black Bronzer is a great tanning lotion for tattoos because it can be used by all skin types. It’s a natural black bronzer with no DHA and it intensifies the colour of your tattoo. The best thing about is it can be used by beginners and it’s 100% safe. If you’re seeking a healthy and natural alternative to treating your tattoo skin, you won’t go wrong with this lotion. You also plenty of options to choose from.