Knowing your exact skin type will not only help you with your makeup but also in choosing the right products for your skin tone. The best indoor tanning lotion for olive skin is one of those products you need to choose carefully.
Everybody has a different skin type which impacts on how you take care of your skin. Apart from the universal cleansing and moisturizing, there are other different steps you need to follow depending on your skin tone. The same logic will apply when it comes to choosing the right products for your skin like tanning lotion so that you get the best natural tan for your skin tone. Most people confuse olive skin with a golden tan, but not all medium brown skin tones have the green tinge found in olive skin.
What is olive skin?
Olive skin includes people with brown or brownish skin tones that are between pale or dark but not always. It may also be described as having greenish, yellowish, or golden undertones. You can either have light olive skin which is a cream to beige skin tone, or dark olive skin which can vary from moderate brown. Olive skin is a very unique skin tone because of the natural green pigment which is a mixture of red and yellow shades that is a bit visible on your skin’s surface. These different shades can make your skin appear ashen or gray. Most women with olive skin have neutral undertones with the yellow, green, and red pigments underneath. Finding the right tanning lotion can be difficult because of the slight green tint.
Olive skin has different shades which all depends on the amount of melanin your body produces. You can also classify olive skin depending on your genetic attributes and how it reacts to sunlight. Olive skin can tan reasonably well, but it can have problems with hyperpigmentation. Although people with olive skin have more melanin so they aren’t burned by the sun like people with lighter skin, they can get a permanent bronze glow, but it’s crucial that you take care of your skin and protect it from sun damage.
How to Take Care of Olive Skin
An advantage to having olive skin is that you can maintain your youthful skin for a long time. However, your skin contains more oil glands which equal large pores that can cause acne so you need to take care of your skin with the following step:
Cleansing at least twice a day. Your skin comes into contact with dirt, pollution, and bacteria every single day not to mention the oil buildup on your skin’s surface. Washing your skin morning and night with the right cleanser will help remove excess oil, dead skin cells, and keep your pores clear without drying your olive skin.
Moisturize with an SPF. It’s important that you moisturize regularly to prevent your skin from drying and especially if you have dark olive skin. This is because darker skin tends to appear ashy if it’s not moisturized. Apply a non-greasy moisturizer that will leave your skin smooth and hydrated with a broad spectrum SPF of 15 or higher to prevent dryness in the morning. Sun damage and sunburns are a concern for all skin tone even olive skin and using zinc of titanium-based sunscreen will help protect your skin and prevent further hyperpigmentation.
Facial hair removal. If you have a problem with facial hair, look for a gentle depilatory that protects your skin while dissolving unwanted hair. Some of the best depilatories are safe to use and non-irritant with a soothing balm for your skin.
You can be bolder with tanning when you have olive skin or darker tones, but you need to put in mind that the stronger the tan the high chances your skin will feel dehydrated and a little taught. So if your skin isn’t oily and you’re using darker products, make sure your skin stays moisturized to keep it hydrated.
List of the Best Self-Tanners For Olive Skin
[table id=4 /]
1) Cheeky Brown Accelerator Australian Gold Dark Natural Bronzers
- The No. 1 dark tanning lotion Now with Bronzer!
- Native Australian oils, Vitamins A and E create a skin-hydrating formula for a maximum tanning...
- For Indoor and Outdoor Use
Cheeky brown is a great bronzer and accelerator which means that anyone can use it. It has a formula that is designed to keep your skin hydrated and especially when using tan beds. It’s made with Australian oils and vitamins A and E that hydrates and nourishes your skin. The best part about this lotion is you can use it both indoors and outdoors.
And you don’t have to worry about exposing your skin to the sun because all your hydrating needs are catered for a maximum tanning experience. This lotion contains natural ingredients that absorb easily into your skin to give you a nice tan with long-lasting effects and you don’t have a greasy or irritating feeling. You also get to smell nice after your tan.
- The vitamins A and E help to moisturize and hydrate your skin.
- You can use it on tanning beds and on the beach.
- Doesn’t stain your clothes or towel.
- It has a sweet nice scent.
- Depending on your skin tone, the results might vary.
2) Banana Boat Self-Tanning Lotion, Light/Medium Summer Color for All Skin Tones
- Oil-free and enriched with aloe vera and Vitamin E
- For a rich, sun-free tan
- Summer Color Self Tanning Lotion - Deep Dark Color, 6 Ounces each (Value Pack of 4)
Summer color self-tanning lotion is a tinted lotion that will give you a beautiful golden brown tan. It’s designed with a self-adjusting colour formula that you can use to control the shade of your tan. It contains vitamin E and aloe vera extracts to help keep your skin well hydrated and moist even after the tanning process is over.
This lotion is oil-free, streak-free, and it dries quickly so you can apply it and go about your business with no fear of staining your clothes. It provides your skin with a safe and effective broad-spectrum UVB and UVA protection whether you’re out in the pool, beach, or under extreme heat, your skin is always protected.
- A great self-tanner that works well.
- It doesn’t leave any streaks.
- This lotion gives you a natural tan that is fabulous.
- Doesn’t have a very nice smell.
3) Australian Gold Dark Tanning Accelerator Lotion
- ACHIEVE A DEEPER, DARKER TAN - This dark tanning accelerator lotion helps intensify your golden glow...
- BLESSED WITH AUSTRALIAN NATURALS - A rich blend of Kakadu Plum extract with highest content of...
- BIOSINE COMPLEX FOR A LONG-LASTING TAN - This tanning intensifier contains a proprietary blend of...
Australian gold is an excellent choice for a tanning accelerator lotion. This is a very popular and mostly used accelerator in the tanning industry. It’s enriched with vitamins A and E and natural oils to that are great at keeping your skin supple and well moisturized even after using a tan bed. This lotion has a very pleasant fragrance that you will notice right away and that many people seem to love.
The main purpose of this tanning accelerator is to give your skin a stunning darker tan, but if you’re looking for a bronzer you might have to get a different product. However, if a darker tan is what you want, then this nice smelling lotion is your answer.
- This tanning lotion has a very pleasant scent that isn’t very overpowering.
- It quickly absorbs into your skin with no greasy feel.
- The vitamins and mineral oils are ideal if you have sensitive skin.
- Not all the product users got a darker tan.
4) Fake Bake original self-tan lotion original formula by Fake Bake
- GET YOUR BRONZER ON - Achieve a deeper, darker tan that lasts up to 50% longer with easy to apply...
- TANNED TO PERFECTION WITHOUT THE SUN - Built-in color guide so you can see where it's going from...
- NATURALLY WORKS WITH EVERY TONE - Our products work for everyone, whether your tone is fair, medium...
Fake bake original self-tan lotion is formulated with naturally-derived tanning agents like DMI, DHA, and Erythulose to give you a safe and long-lasting golden tan without your skin turning orange, staining your clothes, or leaving your skin with a bad smell. It’s formulated to work with every skin tone and skin type by enhancing your skin’s pigment to give you a more natural-looking tan.
It’s special organic ingredients and the patented triple tan formula delivers a deeper, darker tan that can last twice as long. This lotion works on your skin tone to give you a more natural, darker pigmentation on your skin’s surface. This lotion ensures there is no streaking, you can easily apply it, and it has a moisturizing formula that keeps your skin well hydrated.
- You can reapply the lotion to get the desired deepness of your colour.
- It has great colour quality.
- It’s easy to apply and doesn’t leave any streaks or dark spots.
- It fades evenly.
- It’s a bit sticky on your skin.
- It has a weird smell.
5) Black & Tan 75x Indoor Tanning Bed Bronzer
- Tantalizing Silicone Bronzer with Warming Energy Beads75x Bronzing for fast results! Auto-Darkening...
- Country of origin is United States
- The package dimension of the product is 9"L x 6"W x 3"H
Black & Tan is a silicone tanning bronzer that you can spread easily on your skin and acts fast to give you great results. If you don’t have a tan it works very well because it’s a bronzer and it has the ability to make your skin appear darker.
It ensures that your tan becomes darker and with the help of warming beads, your skin is able to absorb the lotion to provide good coverage and make sure there is no streaking. It keeps your skin well moisturized so that your skin stays supple and smooth even after a tanning session.
- The lotion spreads easily even to the hard to reach areas.
- It moisturizes your skin leaving it soft and silky.
- A great bronzer that doesn’t leave your skin orange.
- It works fast to give you deep long-lasting results.
- The smell can be a bit strong for some people.
6) Tan Asz U LUAU 200X Island Black Bronzer
No products found.
This Island black bronzer is made from Marula glow serum that has high concentrations of Marula oil for good-looking skin. This bronzer is packaged in a very attractive bottle that reminds you of paradise. The Marula oil nourishes and moisturizes your skin and helps bring out a healthy golden tone from your tan. It has a silicone base which makes it easy to spread and have a wider coverage.
The ingredients condition your skin to have a lasting softness and glow. It has a very unique fragrance that lingers even after tanning. This bronzer is free of parabens and DHA which is ideal for people with sensitive skin and those who like cosmetic products that don’t have any harmful ingredients.
- This lotion doesn’t dry out your skin leaving it soft and glowing.
- Its smell isn’t overpowering.
- Gives you a darker tan.
- It has a decent price tag.
- If it stays on your hands for long it will stain them.
- It can streak if you aren’t quick to apply it.
7) Rule Breaker Plateau Breaking Bronzer Tanning Lotion
No products found.
Rule breaker is a product by Ed Hardy that creates a long-lasting tan. It contains ingredients that increase the production of melanin to accelerate the tanning process and give you a long-lasting darker tan. Ingredients like acai berry, pomegranate, and white birch are excellent in fighting free radicals to promote healthy skin.
It reduces the appearance of cellulite so that your skin appears firmer and your body fitter. In case you have tattoos, this lotion contains antioxidants that will protect them and help keep their colour radiant and fresh.
- Effective at giving you a long-lasting tan.
- The lotion nourishes your skin making it more supple and firm.
- A great bronzer that works fast.
- It has a great smell.
- It stains your hands.
So, which one is the best?
All the products on the list are great tanning lotions that have been in the market for long and are popular because of their effective performance. But, if it there was a favourite it would be Australian gold cheeky brown accelerator because you can use it indoor and outdoor and natural ingredients that give you a long-lasting tan while still keeping your skin nourished and moisturized. Always remember to take care of your olive skin and use the right tanning lotion for a beautiful dark tan.