Everybody wants to look good and one of the ways you can achieve that is by having a beautiful natural tan. Airbrush tanning will give you a seamless and natural tan that is safe so you can use it regularly. Most people think that airbrush and spray tanning is the same, but you will find a few differences when it comes to airbrush tan vs spray tan.
What exactly is an airbrush tan and spray tan?
This is the cheapest and easiest way of getting a tan. This is a delicate process where a tanning expert uses an airbrush tanning gun to spray the tanning solution that is perfect for your specific skin tone all over your body. Every person has a unique skin tone that requires a specific shade of the tanner if you want your skin to have a natural tan. Unlike other self-tanning methods, if this method is done properly you avoid getting excess airbrush solution on areas on your body you don’t want to be tanned too much like around the elbows, underarms, and knees which gives you a stain and streak-free tan. DHA is the active solution in the airbrush tanning solution which is a harmless organic compound that reacts with the outer layer of your skin to give you a safe and natural tan.
- If there are any mistakes or allergic reactions, the technician will quickly notice and correct it. Some tanning solutions can be applied to a small part of your skin to check for any reactions before applying it to your entire body.
- You one need one session for an airbrush spray tan to give you the desired results
- A technician sprays the solution on your body which means you can decide how much tan you want on certain areas on your body.
- This tanning method can reach hard to reach areas on your body like your underarms, inner thighs, under your breasts, etc. because hand administration and controlled application are used.
- It doesn’t involve complex or difficult directions and positions which makes it the easiest tanning method.
- An airbrush tan is customized which means you can request for more tanning on your legs than on your back for a more natural look.
- Because this method id frequently used, the airbrushes are regularly cleaned and maintained by the technicians and you don’t have to stand in a booth that has been used by others. Cleanliness is maintained for everyone.
- Eliminates tan lines as the technician can touch up and even out your tan if there are any inconsistencies on your body.
- You must make an appointment beforehand which can be a stressful experience if you consider the number of clients that good tanning salon attends to on a particular day.
- You will be required to undress in front of a technician to effectively tan your entire body which can be very uncomfortable.
- It can be hard to find qualified beauticians who offer good quality service.
- Since you want quality, you will have to dig deeper into your pocket.
Spray tanning is becoming a very popular tanning method because it’s better for your skin and health and it leaves you with a natural glow without having to expose yourself to the sun. This process involves standing in a spray tanning booth and applying a spray tanning solution using a nozzle. You stand in the booth naked and you’re given instructions through speakers inside the booth on the angles to stand. The nozzles then spray the solution all over your body with speed and accuracy, but the quality of the spray will depend on how strong you want your tan to be.
- The tanning booths are private and you don’t need a technician to spray the tanning solution on your body so you don’t need to feel self-conscious.
- The process is quick and efficient and you get a more natural tan than having to sunbathe in the sun for hours which exposes your skin to many health risks.
- The standing positions are easy to follow and you’re comfortable in the booth.
- The spray nozzles are strategically positioned to evenly spray the solution all over your body which reduces your chances of getting an uneven tan.
- You can get a flawless beautiful tan with just one spray session and even one layer.
- If you’re a first time tanner, using the booth for the first time can be a bit difficult and can make you very uncomfortable.
- The spray tan doesn’t easily reach the concealed areas on your body like under your breasts or inner thighs. You have to expose them to get tanned.
- If you don’t follow the instructions properly, you can end up having an uneven and ugly-looking tan.
- The spray can accidentally get into your eyes if you forget to close them.
- The hygiene of the spray booths is questionable.
So, although both tanning methods are more or less the same, there are a few differences that make each different from the other. While hand administration is used in airbrush tanning, spray tan nozzles are programmed to accurately spray the tan on your body all you need to do is stand in a tanning booth at certain angles. The precision of the airbrush is much better and touch-ups can be done to ensure you get a flawless even tan which helps to eliminate tan lines. With just one application of the airbrush, you can get a beautiful tan that can last for about 10 days, while you need about 3 spray tan sessions to achieve a perfect tan.
What should you choose for yourself
Now that you have seen the differences in airbrush tan vs spray tan you have a favorite tanning method among the two just like most tanners. Airbrush tanning is the safest to get a tan and even the best-preferred tanning method among celebrities. Many people prefer spray tanning because it’s machine operated so there are fewer human errors to deal with and you have your privacy. You can now get the best tan that is safe and healthy for your skin.