There’s nothing wrong with stretch marks, they’re natural and often appear as a result of weight gain or weight loss, pregnancy, and hormones. They appear as red, white, or purple lines and mostly develop on body parts that where your skin is most likely to grow quickly like your thighs, breasts, buttocks, and stomach. With time they usually fade but don’t vanish and the best self-tanner for stretch marks can help in covering them up.
Some women feel very uncomfortable with stretch marks, especially if they’re on your arms, breasts, buttocks, and legs. Using a self-tanner to conceal your stretch marks can work very well and give you an even skin tone and a beautiful summer glow. Different self-tanning products can work well in covering your stretch marks.
List of the Best Self Tanner to Cover Stretch Marks
Skinerals californium sunless bronzer
- STAY CONFIDENT WITH A NATURAL LOOKING TAN - This green-based solution counteracts the fake orange...
- SAFE SUNLESS TAN - Californium is perfect for lighter skin tones, and is the best way to get a...
- ONE PRODUCT FOR FACE AND BODY - Skinerals Californium is ideal for both the face and body. There is...
This sun tanning mousse is great for covering up any imperfections like stretch marks and scars on your skin. It’s safe to use all over your body even your face and is a very easy-to-use product for beginners. It will give you a natural and subtle look with a consistent tan. It has a natural and gentle formulation that works well with your stretch marks, doesn’t cause any harm, but hydrates and soothes your skin as your tan develops and even for days after. This self-tanner is made with natural ingredients and is vegan which makes it organic and free of sulfate and paraben mostly found in makeup products and can harm your skin. It’s a non-greasy, light, and very quick to dry mousse that has a soft pleasant smell.
This mousse contains antioxidants like fig extracts and acai berry that help to give you an even skin tone and reduce the appearance of your stretch marks and other blemishes to give your skin that youthful look. You’ll need to apply this mousse evenly on the areas you want to be tanned to avoid getting a blotchy look. Your tan will get lighter with every shower, but you can always reapply to make your tan darker. For a smooth tan make sure you exfoliate your skin before applying the self-tanner.
- Very easy to apply
- Has a pleasant smell
- Made with natural ingredients that are safe on your skin
- Gives you a natural look
- It might give you a blotchy and streaky look
- The tan spread unevenly if you don’t apply it consistently
Beauty by Earth sunless tanning lotion
- Say hello to perfect sun-kissed skin: Our self tanner transforms your skin from pale to a natural...
- Get your tan without sun damage: No sun needed here. This tanning lotion gives you a gradual sun...
- Your skin will thank you: Perfect alternative to brands that sell chemical filled tanners containing...
This is a great self-tanner made with organic and natural ingredients that are safe to use on your skin and give you a natural color without exposing your body to anything harmful. It’s made with organic green tea extract, organic Shea butter, organic coconut oil, organic aloe vera, and DHA that will care for your skin and give you a streak-free sunless tan. This tanning lotion is free of chemicals and paraben so it has no side effects because it’s non-toxic and you can use it on most skin types. It’s white unlike most tanning lotions that are brown and it will not stain your clothes after application. It has a pleasant vanilla/coconut smell that fades away after some time.
This vegan sunless tanner will not turn your skin orange and will work very well with sensitive and pale skin without causing any reactions. Even though this tanner doesn’t give you an orange look, it only lasts 4-5 days and it can get blotchy with time. If you want your tan to be darker, you can reapply it and leave it on for longer. Although it’s a waterproof tanner, avoid water for a few hours after application.
- Uses natural and organic ingredients
- Has a white color that doesn’t stain your clothes
- Has a nice coconut and vanilla smell
- Can use it on sensitive skin
- Doesn’t give you an orange look
- Very greasy when you apply it
- Takes time to dry
Sally Hansen airbrush legs makeup spray
- Leg makeup helps you achieve a flawless look without pantyhose.
- Water- and transfer-resistant formula keeps everything in place.
- Fast-drying formula can easily be worked into your get-ready routine.
For most people, stretch marks appear on your backside and upper thighs, and this self-tanner is designed to airbrush your body to give you that sexy, smooth look with perfectly looking legs. This tanning spray will not only tan your skin, but also help to conceal your stretch marks, scars, freckles, and other blemishes on your skin. This light leg makeup spray is comfortable and easy to wear and will give you instant flawless legs that look and feel silky smooth and perfect with no streaks. It’s water and transfer-resistant so you don’t have to worry about staining your clothes. It contains Palmaria extract that helps to reduce the appearance of your stretch marks. It provides you with basic concealment with just a single application, but you can reapply it to get that tanner to look to for more coverage and that darker look. You can either choose the spray or the lotion that is both easy to use.
Palmaria extract is one of the main ingredients that contain antioxidants that help to detoxify your skin. Although this tanning spray is said to be water-resistant, avoid wearing bright clothes as it may rub on your clothes. It’s a great product for people with fair skin to give you that natural, glowing look. When applying this product, make sure you shake the bottle and rub it properly and evenly on your skin, then wait for it to completely dry before wearing clothes.
- It provides a buildable coverage
- Very easy to achieve a flawless even coverage
- Doesn’t streak
- If applied properly it lasts longer
- May rub off on bright clothes
- Need more application for better coverage
Baja Bae bronze tanning lotion
- UNIQUE 3 IN 1 LOTION: Unlike many other indoor tanning lotion products, this unique sunless tanner...
- NOT STICKY. NOT A FAKE TAN. NOT A SELF TANNER: Color is subtle, and the glow is gorgeous. Able to be...
- NATURAL INGREDIENTS: 100% vegan and formulated using natural ingredients, this tan extender lotion...
This is a unique 3-in-1 tanning lotion with great versatility that helps to enhance your tan in the sun and can double up as an after-sun lotions and a tinted moisturizer. You can even apply it on your face to give you that instant bronze highlighted look. The best thing about using this tanning lotion on your stretch marks is that it will not only provide you with even coverage, but it also contains natural oils that help to prevent future scarring and stretch marks and also soften existing stretch marks. This tanning lotion is formulated with natural ingredients that makes it gentle on your skin and contains a variety of nourishing oils like jojoba, hibiscus, and agave that gives you a smooth and moisturizing feeling with each application.
This tan lotion has a very unique smell which is a combination of Mexican vanilla essence and caramel with a hint of coconut to give you a gorgeous fragrance that is perfect for your summer vacation. It’s free from DHA so it won’t leave your skin with the orange streaks and blotches that are common with most tanners.
- It enhances and deepens your tan
- Has a very nice smell
- Gives you a very natural look
- Has very little transfer on your clothes
- Doesn’t last on your skin
- Sold in a small bottle
Fake bake flawless darker self-tanning spray
- Apply With Ease - Applied in effortless, gliding strokes with professional mitt included for a...
- Won't Mess That Dress - The fast drying, fast absorbing formula is transfer resistant, so can be...
- Long Lasting Beautiful Glow - Formulated with Fake Bake's exclusive triple tan formula (DHA boosted...
This self-tanning spray is very easy to apply with a professional mitt to help you achieve that perfect even tan. It’s designed with a fast-drying, fast-absorbing formula that is transfer-resistant, which means you can wear bright clothes and seat anywhere after it has dried and not worry about leaving ugly marks on your clothes or furniture. But it’s recommended that you wait a few hours after application before taking a shower to allow the tan to settle. You can apply this liquid at night and take a shower in the morning to give it ample time to set properly. This tanning liquid will give you a natural-looking tan that will last longer on just 4-6 hours after application.
It works with your unique skin tone to give you a naturally darker pigment which will help to conceal your scars, stretch marks, and other blemishes on any part of your skin for about a week. It will not leave your skin orange or streaky and it fades out evenly.
- Very easy to apply with the application mitt
- Dries very quickly
- Gives you a natural-looking dark healthy tan
- It’s not greasy
- Has a pleasant smell
- Might stain your clothes
- Doesn’t contain natural or organic ingredients
Loving tan 2 hr express tanning mousse
- Professional Strength Formula With Concentrations The Same As Salon Spray Tans
- Natural Olive Colour
- Easy to Apply with Instant Bronzer showing where clear actives have been spread
This is an excellent tanning product to use if you’re pressed for time but want a tan in the least time possible. This tanning mousse will give you your desired tan in just 2 hours. It’s very easy to apply and quick to dry giving you quick results. This tanning spray will give you a tanned olive look that is perfect for people with medium to dark skin. To give you better results, you should apply two thin layers instead of one thick one. This bronzer has a less sticky consistency unlike other tanners to give you a subtle glowing look without the orange lines. It has a subtle yet glowy tan and a very nice fragrance. However, it dries up quickly and if you accidentally get water on your skin after application, it will leave a stain or splotchy marks on your skin. The only way to remove it is to either wait for your tan to fade or rub it off vigorously.
- Gives you a very natural-looking tan
- Dries very quickly
- It has a nice subtle smell
- Easy to apply with the mitts
- If you accidentally get water after application, it leaves a weird stain mark on your skin that doesn’t go away
- Doesn’t last long on your skin
How to choose a self-tanner to conceal your stretch marks
There are a few important features you need to consider when choosing a concealing self-tanner.
- Natural look
Look for a tanner that will give you a golden or bronze look with a natural glow that feels great. Avoid a tanner that will result in an orange/yellow look that seems unnatural and fake.
- Decent coverage
Some tanners will provide you with a decent, light, or full coverage depending on your preference. A good self-tanner should provide decent coverage that will properly conceal all your imperfections.
- No skin damage
Choose a self-tanner that suits your skin and doesn’t cause any irritation or damage. If possible opt for tanners that are chemical-free to prevent serious damage on your skin with long use of the tanner.
The tanner you choose should last long on your skin. Avoid getting a tanner that fades unevenly and leaves splotches on your skin.
- Easy application
Got for a tanner that you can easily apply by yourself. You can easily apply a spray, lotion, or mousse self-tanner without any help.
How to use a self-tanner to conceal your stretch marks
A self-tanner will not permanently cover your stretch marks or make them disappear, but it will reduce their appearance for a while. Self-tanners contain DHA which is an active ingredient that reacts with the dead skin cells on the top layer of your skin causing it to darken. This helps to cover the appearance of stretch marks, but if you apply too much, it will make your stretch marks pronounced.
There are 2 ways you can cover your stretch marks. You can either use a self-tanning product or use makeup.
- Using makeup
- Exfoliate your skin
Before covering your stretch marks with makeup, remove all the dead skin cells to make your skin smoother and softer. You can use an exfoliation scrub.
- Apply sunscreen
Whenever you’re going out in the sun, it’s important to protect your skin from exposure to harmful UV light. Exposing your stretch marks to the sun can further worsen the situation.
- Apply concealer
After applying sunscreen, apply concealer on top using a flat foundation brush to hide your stretch marks. Apply a thin layer and check the coverage, then add another layer if you’re not satisfied with the results. Use short strokes when applying then use a sponge to tap to give you a flawless finish.
- Apply setting powder
Once you’ve applied the concealer, use a setting powder to set it. Apply the powder with a powder brush and leave it for about 2 minutes.
- Set your makeup
Use a setting spray to make sure your makeup doesn’t transfer to your clothes or melt when you’re outside.
Using a self-tanner
- Using warm water lightly dampen your face cloth and rub your skin in circular motions. This will help to lightly exfoliate your skin and remove the dead skin cells creating a clean smoother skin to apply the self-tanner flawlessly.
- Start applying the tanner on your legs and feet using circular motions as you move upwards to avoid having creases on your stomach as you bend. Apply the tanner evenly on the areas with stretch marks and the rest of your skin so that your stretch marks don’t stand out.
- When you’re applying the tanner on your feet, make sure you applying it from your ankles to your feet, and from your wrists to your hands so that it blends evenly.
- If you have white or very light stretch marks, use a cotton swab to apply the self-tanner lightly on your stretch marks. And you can apply some more if you can still notice them after the first application has dried.
- Use a wet face cloth to gently wipe your knees, ankles, and elbows. These areas tend to become darker because they absorb more color than the rest of your body because they’re drier than the rest of your body and accumulate more dead skin cells.
- Give the self-tanner ample time to dry completely before putting on your clothes. Also, avoid engaging in any strenuous work that will cause you to sweat because this will interfere with your tanning process.
- The time it will take to reapply your tan will depend on the type of self-tanning product you have, but you can reapply it after around a week to keep your skin glowing. Instead of reapplying your tanning lotion or spray every week or so, you can opt to use a gradual tanning lotion where you can apply a moisturizing bronzer daily to help maintain your sunless tan and achieve the exact tan intensity that you want.
You don’t have to use an extreme measure to cover your stretch marks. The best self-tanner for stretch marks like Skinerals californium sunless bronzer contains natural ingredients will help conceal your stretch marks to give you flawless skin.